What is Aglow?
- Aglow International is a trans-denominational organization of Christian women and men that some Christian leaders call a “global movement”
- Aglow is established in 172 nations on 6 continents, all of which have indigenous leaders overseeing the work in their nations
- An estimated 200,000 women and men meet together each month through local Aglow fellowships--the heart of the organization
- More than 21,000 Aglow leaders worldwide minister in their communities
- An estimated 17 million individuals each year are ministered to through Aglow groups
- Aglow consists of small group studies, care (support) groups, retreats, and annual conferences
- Aglow workers, through prayer and evangelism, offer practical gifts of clothing, food, housecleaning, and babysitting, as well as mentoring young people
- Aglow groups impact their communities by reaching out to those in prison, in senior homes, inner city neighborhoods, and mental institutions; to single moms, working men and women, all beginning with the next door neighbor
- Aglow has experienced rapid growth in the past several years, including the nations of Central Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- In Europe, Aglow is established in every major nation (40 nations)
We believe that God has been maturing the women and men of Aglow to be able to receive His three specific mandates by faith, and live them out for His Kingdom’s sake.
Our mandates are:
- To promote gender reconciliation between male and female in the Body of Christ as God designed.
- To answer God’s call to minister to the Muslim people, while bringing awareness of the basic theological differences between Islam and Christianity.
- To stand in loving support for Israel and the Jewish people, while helping to bring awareness to the Body of Christ concerning God’s plans and purposes for those people He calls the apple of His eye.
Aglow's Mission Statement
To help restore and mobilize women and men around the world.
To promote gender reconciliation in the Body of Christ as God designed.
To amplify awareness of global concerns from a Biblical perspective.
Where does Houston Northeast Aglow fit in?
We are a group of women and men who meet monthly to worship God and allow Him to equip us to make disciples of all nations. Our desire is to provide an opportunity for people to connect with God through Jesus Christ and then to connect with one another in authentic relationship. We prioritize prayer for salvation and wholeness for every person who desires God’s Presence to be active in his or her life.